When Parents Don’t Respect Established Orders

Removing Children From Parental Disputes

While going through a divorce can be extremely stressful for each spouse, it is often even more difficult for children. During this complicated time, they need love and support from both of their parents and they should never be used as pawns to get even with or punish the other spouse. If your divorce decree or settlement agreement is being violated, you need to speak with a knowledgeable attorney about your options for making things right.

Are you being kept away from your children? Is your ex-spouse acting contrary to a court order? For an initial consultation with an experienced Marietta child support lawyer, contact Bill Gentry today.

What Is Contempt?

The most common contempt situation involves parents failing to pay child support, often due to their belief that they have been paying too much or because of job loss. It is not up to parents to take the law into their own hands, and doing so places them in contempt. Anytime the agreement of the parties is not being followed, a contempt motion is the primary enforcement mechanism.

Providing Remedies To The Underlying Issues

While it is important to pursue or defend against the finding of contempt, it is just as important to correct the underlying issues that caused or contributed to the contempt motion. For instance, if child support payment amounts need to be adjusted, we can help you press for modifications that will help avoid child support enforcement issues in the future.

Call For Sound Guidance and Aggressive Legal Advocacy

Since 1986, attorney William C. Gentry has been providing men and women throughout Georgia with skilled family law representation that focuses on achieving results in contempt and enforcement cases. William C. Gentry works directly with his clients to craft legal strategies that aim to protect their rights and meet the needs of their children. Regardless of the unique circumstances in your case, you can count on us to walk you through the entire process and stand by your side at every hearing. Call 770-884-4171 for an initial consultation or contact us online.